Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Struggle

Living in prison is one thing. Learning to make the most of those grim days is another...

I was living with my long time friend, Glynn, for a while in a concentration camp. We found each other the first night. Unfortunately, my friend Tyrone was killed, but my half sister Dana and her friend Joyce fled. Glynn was caught and brought here a few days prior to my capture.

"Look," he'd say, "There is a possibility that they could be caught, maybe even killed." He angered me with this, and I cursed him heavily for it. I realized that he was just trying to be realistic, and, maybe even, a good friend.

The words that came from Glynn's mouth struck fear in my mind....

I was in for doing something that was defined as "bad." My successor, Darius Shakur, tried to get me and Glynn pardoned. Word didn't come for months.

I was no longer a Full Moon General, but many of my fellow werewolves from around the globe held me very high in honor. I appreciated them.

"It shouldn't be long now," Glynn would always say, pumping himself up with false optimism, "We'll be out soon..."

Poor sucker...

No comments:

Post a Comment